Think, Act, and Invest Like Warren Buffett
By: Larry E. Swedroe
Bedrock Investing Principles for Profiting in Today’s Shaky Markets.
If you wanted to create the next earth-shattering consumer product, Steve Jobs would be an ideal role model to follow. If you planned to become a great golfer, you might look to Arnold Palmer or Jack Nicklaus.
So, if your goals are to outperform other investors and achieve your life’s financial goals, what should you do?
Think, act, and invest like the best investor out there: Warren Buffett. While you can’t invest exactly like he does, Think, Act, and Invest Like Warren Buffett provides a solid, sensible investing approach based on Buffett’s advice regarding investment strategies.
When it comes to investing, Director of Research for the BAM Alliance and CBS News blogger Larry Swedroe has pretty much seen it all–and he’s come to the conclusion that simple is better, that adopting basic investing principles always increases an investor’s chance of success, and that Buffett is an excellent model for such investing.
In Think, Act, and Invest Like Warren Buffett, Swedroe provides the foundational knowledge you need to:
- Develop a financial plan to help you make rational decisions on a consistent basis
- Determine the level of risk that’s right for you, and allocate your assets accordingly
- Build a low-cost, tax-efficient, globally diversified portfolio
- Manage your portfolio by rebalancing periodically to maintain proper risk levels
The beauty of the Buffett approach is its profound simplicity: follow the basics, keep your cool, and have a sense of humor and humility.
The market volatility of recent years has ushered in armies of economists, forecasters, and other so-called experts whose job it is to explain how everything works. Somehow, they have managed to muddy the waters even more.
The truth is, investing is easier than you think–even in today’s economy. “Complex problems can have simple solutions,” Swedroe writes. Think, Act, and Invest Like Warren Buffett helps you go back to the basics–so you can leap in front of the investing pack.
By: Tim Maurer
When it comes to money management, most of us take a hands-off approach because we’re just not confident that we have the know-how needed. But personal finance is actually more personal than it is finance. Tim Maurer has made a career out of distilling complex financial concepts into understandable, doable actions. In this eminently practical book, he shows readers how to
- Better understand their values and goals in order to simplify their money decisions
- Budget major expenses intelligently
- Reduce and eliminate debt
- Make vital decisions on home, auto, and life insurance
- Establish a world-class investment portfolio
- Craft a workable retirement plan
- And more
Readers will be relieved to see that managing their money is actually not as complicated as they thought–and that they can take control of their financial future starting today.
Your Complete Guide to a Successful & Secure Retirement
By: Larry E. Swedroe & Kevin Grogan
This is your one-stop, definitive resource as you prepare for a secure and comfortable retirement.
Investment and personal finance experts Larry Swedroe and Kevin Grogan present uniquely comprehensive coverage of every important aspect you need to think about as you approach retirement, including: Social Security, Medicare, investment planning strategy, portfolio maintenance, preparing your heirs, retirement issues faced by women, the threat of elder financial abuse, going beyond financials to think about your happiness, and much more.
These topics are explained with the help of specialists in each subject. And everything is based on the “science of investing” – evidenced with studies from peer-reviewed journals. Overall, this adds up to a complete retirement guide, packed with the latest and best knowledge. Don’t enter your retirement without it.
- The Incredible Shrinking Alpha: And What You Can Do to Escape Its Clutches
- The Ultimate Financial Plan: Balancing Your Money and Life
- Wealth Without Worry: The Methods of Wall Street Exposed
- The Financial Crossroads: The Intersection of Money and Life
- The Investing Revolutionaries: How the World’s Greatest Investors Take on Wall Street and Win in Any Market
- Wise Investing Made Simple: Larry Swedroe’s Tales to Enrich Your Future (Focused Investor)
- Wise Investing Made Simpler: Larry Swedroe’s Tales to Enrich Your Future (Second in a series) (The Focus Investor Series)
- The Quest for Alpha: The Holy Grail of Investing
- The Only Guide to a Winning Bond Strategy You’ll Ever Need: The Way Smart Money Preserves Wealth Today
- The Only Guide to Alternative Investments You’ll Ever Need: The Good, the Flawed, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need for the Right Financial Plan: Managing Your Wealth, Risk, and Investments
- The Only Guide To Winning Investment Strategy You’ll Ever Need: Index Funds and Beyond–The Way Smart Money Creates Wealth Today
- Investment Mistakes Even Smart Investors Make and How to Avoid Them
- The Successful Investor Today: 14 Simple Truths You Must Know When You Invest
- Rational Investing in Irrational Times: How to Avoid the Costly Mistakes Even Smart People Make Today
- What Wall Street Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Your Complete Guide to Factor-Based Investing: The Way Smart Money Invests Today
- Reducing the Risk of Black Swans: Using the Science of Investing to Capture Returns with Less Volatility